Regular practice and disciplined classes is the way to all achievements.
Opened in 2000, the Valencia CPYOGA also follows the same guiding principles as the Lisbon CPYOGA:
- preserve the technical and traditional teaching of Yoga practice, combining the oriental roots of this art with the healthy contribution of Western science;
- organize education programs that respect the natural particularities of practitioners, respecting the natural rhythm of progression of each individual;
- promote a practice and conviviality among students and the faculty that is stimulating, and family-like, through a framework of personalized teaching, based on small classes;
- cultivate cheerfulness and a sense of humor.
The yoga centre is located in Arrancapins (Extramurs district), the central zone of Valencia, and has good transport links:
- coming by metro, get off at the Angel Guimerá station;
- if coming by bus, take one of the following buses: No.2,3,60,62,63,64,67,70,72,79 or 80;
- coming by car, you can leave the vehicle in a car park or garage near the downtown centre: the car park on “Rua Palleter (Mercadona)”; the Angel Guimerá garage and the Abastos car park.
Valencia is one of Spain’s main cities and near the centre there are a number of interesting places to visit; it is a business and commerce area, but it is also very connected to the arts:
- Abastos market
- Central market
- Lonja de Valência (“Armazém”)
- Barrio del Carmen (Neighborhood – Old Quarter)
- Plaza del Ayuntamiento (Town Hall Square)
- Municipal Library C/ Hospital
- Torres de Quart
- IVAM (Modern Art Museum)
- Beneficencia (exhibitions and cultural activities centre)
When hunger strikes, there is a wide choice of restaurants, bars and cafeterias by the yoga centre.